"I’m sorry for my failed concerts", Davido tells Zim fans


Following several failed shows, the Self-styled OBO, David “Davido” Adeleke, has told his Zimbabwe-based fans that he is sorry and now ready to honour their invite for the first time.
The “If” singer, who just signed a deal with businessman and socialite Genius “Ginimbi” Kadungure to that effect, confirms the show will take place at the the Harare International Conference Centre (HICC) on April 21.
According to NewsDay Life & Style, this new partnership with Ginimbi and 2 Kings Entertainment, will see the acclaimed “30 Billion Concert”, feature Jah Prayzah, ExQ and Killer T.
In a video footage that has gone viral on social media, Davido, who promised his fans “fireworks” disclosed he had been faced in time past with some challenges that inhibited his plans to visit the Southern African nation.
“It’s your boy Davido. I will be coming back to Zimbabwe for real this time. I wanna apologise to all my fans that have been waiting for me there. There has just been a little bit of some problems, but I will be live in Harare on the 21st of April live at the HICC. My brother Ginimbi is bringing me down. It’s gonna be crazy,” he said.
The American-born Naija music star was initially scheduled to perform in the country five months ago, but he cancelled the concert at the 11th hour, amid reports that he had been picked up by the police in connection with the double-murder of his close friends Tagbo Umeike and DJ Olu.
Davido was billed to perform at the launch of Prayzah’s Kutonga Kwaro album, which carried their collabo, My Lilly.
Ginimbi confirmed the developments and said processing of the paperwork was in progress.
“We are happy that the process of sorting the papers with the relevant authorities is at an advanced stage and will soon be finalising negotiations with local artistes, who are going to be the supporting acts,” he said.

TAG