Lady Dies after using 'Bee Sting' instead of needles for Acupuncture


A 55-year old Spanish woman has died after she received acupuncture therapy using live bee stings in the place of needles.
According to Complex, the patient had been receiving bee acupuncture treatment every month over the course of two years in an effort to ease her stress.
The woman which had no known records of allergy to bee sting, before her demise began wheezing and had difficulty breathing.
She lost consciousness afterwards and was rushed to the hospital. She died a few weeks later, despite effort by medical personnel at the hospital to check her conditions. 

Doctors said she died as a result of multiple failed organs.
"To our knowledge," wrote Paula Vázquez-Revuelta of Ramon y Cajal University Hospital in Madrid, "this is the first reported case of death by bee venom apitherapy due to complications of severe anaphylaxis in a confirmed sensitized patient who was previously tolerant."
Vázquez-Revuelta and her colleagues suggest that practitioners of apitherapy make their patients fully aware of dangers that could arise from receiving the controversial treatments..
According to Cosmos Magazine, the doctors who authored the study stated that getting acupuncture from bee stings is "both unsafe and unadvisable." Consider yourself warned.

TAG