Buhari campaign organisation reacts to suit on president’s health

The Buhari Campaign Organisation (BCO) on Sunday condemned the suit filed by the Coalition of Political Parties (CUPP) asking that President Muhammadu Buhari be declared medically unfit to re-contest the presidential election.
In a statement by its Director of Communications and Strategic Planning, Mallam Gidado Ibrahim, the BCO said the opposition parties were merely diverting attention from their looming defeat.
Ibrahim said: “Severally, we have had cause to draw the attention of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to the fact that the opposition in the country had been flouting the commission’s rules of engagement in the campaigns by spreading fake news and making inciting remarks.
“The same opposition elements who had prayed for President Muhammadu Buhari’s death while on medical vacation in London claims it has gone to court to challenge the president’s health.
“This is part of their strategy to cover up for their lack of clear-cut manifesto to engage the ruling party in constructive campaign for the 2019 elections.
“But the character of their mental indolence is understood. They are disappointed to see President Buhari on the roof of his car campaigning and attracting huge crowd everywhere he goes to campaign.
“But we invite more cerebral Nigerians to be the judge here by ascertaining whether CUPP’s latest outburst and the suit it claimed it filed are not a reflection of their mental unfitness.”



TAG